Urine Specimens and Stool Samples
If the doctor has requested that you bring in a urine specimen or stool sample for testing, please follow these simple guidelines:
- We can only accept samples which are in appropriate sample containers, as using jars or containers from the home could contaminate your sample. You can collect urine and stool sample bottles from Reception.
- Ensure your specimen is labelled with your name and date of birth. Any sample not labelled will not be able to be identified by the nurse and will be disposed of.
- Drop your specimen/sample into Reception at any time of day from Monday to Thursday but before 3.00 pm on a Friday. Anything brought to the desk after 3.00 pm on a Friday will be refused.
- Urine results are usually available 7 working days after bringing in your sample.
- Stool samples have to be 'cultured' at the laboratory and results take approximately 2 weeks.
If you are bringing a urine sample to the surgery, you will be asked to complete a short form identifying your symptoms and contact details. To avoid delay, you can download the form to complete at home and bring it along with you : Urine Specimen Form